7/24/10

Weekend Food Binge

I've never counted calories on a weekend before.

Weekends are busy for us. It's grocery shopping and Nana and Papa's house. My husbands home so I try to spend time with him and I try to relax. I eat constantly and make poor choices and use the 'too busy' excuse to ignore my food journal and not count calories. I think I was always just afraid of how much I really eat on weekends. Now I understand why.

2,915 calories 149g fat 5,246mg sodium and a lot of vitamin and mineral deficits is what a typical Saturday analysis looks like for me.

Next weekend, if we go out to eat, I will pass on the onion rings as appetizers and get a grilled chicken breast sandwich rather than a BBQ bacon cheeseburger and I will make sure to keep logging everything I eat and not let excuses get the best of me.

Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment