7/27/10

First impressions

P90X is awesome, difficult but still pretty fun :)

I have noticed that the instructor (Tony?) has a personal vendetta against crispy cream doughnuts and he also likes to really, really sell his products. The end of the workouts are pretty much a commercial for the recovery drink.

As far as the workouts go so far I love them! Yesterday I did the chest and back and the ab ripper x. The chest and back is a mash up of pushups and pull ups with a couple of simple weight lifters throw in. I don't have a pull up bar as of now but I followed the guy with the bands for it and I could still 'feel the burn' so to speak. It was hard but not as much as I thought it would be, although I really feel that burn today. I love that there's no set amount of reps for you to do, you set your limits and are given the ability to push past your goal if you want.

The ab ripper x was brutal for me. I've always thought I had somewhat strong abs but man did those exercises kill! I couldn't make it to the 25 reps on any of them. Maybe one. And I may have vomited in my mouth a little to get there lol!!

today I did the kenpoX instead of the polymetrics. I really enjoyed it, I love any martial arts workout because I always finish feeling badass. I had some difficulties with some of the kick combos and also the star blocking thing because I couldn't figure out what he was doing with his hands and theres no real instruction on the moves. but over all I think it's a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment